TWIDN: Feb 22nd-Feb 28th
Star Wars, Star Wars, and more Star Wars! LOTS of Star Wars news coming out of Disney this week! But also plenty of other exciting news! So let’s dive into ‘This Week in Disney New’! When you are done reading, leave a comment at the bottom and tell me what you think!
1. Height Requirement for Rise of the Resistance Ride in Star Wars – Galaxy’s Edge
“Aren’t you a little short to be a Stormtrooper?” Well, small Galaxy Explores will not be able to ride this ride. The hight limit is 40 inches. The reason for this because this ride will feature rapid motion, sudden stops, sharp turns, and a swift drop. Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge opens Summer 2019 at the Disneyland Resort and Fall 2019 at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
2. New TV Commercial for Dumbo
Look at that cute little fella! Anyone else excited for this movie? ‘Dumbo’ premiers in theaters March 29th!
3. New Magic Carpet Ears Coming to Disney
These ears that just appeared in Disneyland, will be making its way over to Disney World shortly! The new magic carpet ears, which were posted on the Disney Style Instagram account, greatly resembles Jasmine’s outfit with the turquoise ears. These ears also feature a bow that resembles the design from Aladdin’s magic carpet.
4. New Lion King Video and Poster
This past week, the Oscars showed us a special look at “The Lion King”. In this scene, Rafiki introduces baby Simba to the Kingdom.
Disney also released a new poster for the movie. “The Lion King” comes to theaters July 19, 2019.
5. New Dumbo Magic Band is Released
HOW. CUTE! ShopDisney has released this adorable MagicBand featuring Timothy Q. Mouse and Dumbo! Click here to order one for yourself!
6. Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique is Growing at Disney World
Princesses and Princes rejoice! A new location is opening for the beloved Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique! This new location is set to open at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa this summer. In my opinion, this is a perfect setting to get those kiddos all dolled up!
Also, the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique at Magic Kingdom Park will be getting an upgrade beginning this spring to expand the location. This upgrade will add more chairs, a special magic mirror, and a
Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique is for kids age 3-12.
7. Tons of Info on Star Wars- Galaxy’s Edge
Where to even begin?!? Disney gave us a load of new information regarding this highly anticipated expansion coming to Disneyland this summer and WDW this fall. Sinc this ‘TWIDN’ is intended to give you a brief overview
- There will be four locations to grab something to eat or drink (including Blue Milk!)
- There will be five locations to purchase Star Wars merchandise including a ‘Build your own’ lightsaber workshop and a Droid Depot.
- The ‘Play Disney Park’ App will get an exciting new update! The app will provide new opportunities for guests to engage with the land! Some of the new options will be translating a galactic language, finding what’s hidden inside crates, or completing certain tasks by participating in missions! Guests also can use the app to interact with a variety of elements, like antenna arrays, door panels, drinking fountains, droids, media screens, and ships.
- RUMOR: Some say that Disney is leaning towards the sale of FastPasses to skip the lines at Star Wars- Galaxy’s Edge. The concept is being “heavily considered” by Disney’s higher-ups. These paid FastPasses would not replace the existing way of getting Fastpasses. It would just be another way of getting to ride the rides. I guess we will know for sure if this is true or not in the next couple of weeks.
8. Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival 2019 Passholder Magnets
Disney is keeping up the tradition with these super cute P
9. “It’s a Small World” Dooney & Bourke Collection Launching Today at Disney Springs
Disney and Dooney & Bourke
Excuse me while I cry over that Dumbo trailer for the next month….
so cute, right?!