Welcome to another week of ‘This Week in Disney!” This week was chock full of new and exciting things! New ride updates, new disney policy changes, and another quick service is going towards the reservation system. Read all about it and more in this weeks news!
1. DJ and Cruz Ramirez have Arrived at Lightning McQueen’s Racing Academy in Hollywood Studios
DJ and Cruz Ramirez have arrived at Lightning McQueen’s Racing Academy in Hollywood Studios! Once the academy is open, the courtyard outside Sunset Showcase will be a hub of Cars themed special entertainment, photo ops, and more! How exciting does this sound? Lightning McQueen’s Racing Academy will open on March 31st!
2. Casey Jr. Splash ‘N’ Soak Station Now Open Again
3. Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon Water Parks to Offer “Splash Pack”
Guests at Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon are now able to purchase a something called a Splash Pack! This pack will include:
- Select food and beverages at the park
- A refillable water park mug
- A Disney-themed towel to keep
The towels are Lilo and Stitch, Toy Story, Finding Nemo,
Each Splash Pack is $44 per person, plus tax. This pack is available for purchase from March 26,
4. New Disney Lego Minifigures
Okay, how cute are these!! I am not so much into Legos, but I might just go ahead an buy some once
5. New Posters For “Spider-Man: Far From Home” Movie
Is anyone else super excited for the new Spider-Man movie? I know I am! The new posters are of Spider-Man in his new suit touring various locations in Europe. “Spider-Man: Far From Home” is set to open on July 5th.
6. New Vera Bradley Mickey and Friends Collection
Mickey and Friends Vera Bradley line
7. NBA Experience to Open August 12th at Disney Springs
Get ready Basketball fans! The NBA Experience is set to open August 12th at Disney Springs! According to Disney, you’ll get to:
- Experience one of the biggest milestones for a basketball player at the NBA Draft with a photo moment that re-creates the atmosphere of the draft stage.
- Track and improve their jump shots and passing skills in a replicated NBA Combine challenge, complete with a scouting report that highlights their stats at the end of the session.
- Step onto the court and hear the roar of the crowd as they maneuver through a series of timed shots to aim for a high score.
- Execute the perfect slam dunk just like NBA superstars, captured by cameras surrounding adjustable baskets.
- Test their ball-handling skills with an interactive trainer who will challenge them with a variety of dribbling routines.
- Use an oversized slingshot to launch basketballs at hoops of varying heights, making as many shots as possible before the clock runs out in this thrilling timed challenge.
- Immerse themselves in the rich legacy and history of NBA and WNBA championship-winning teams.
- Access a team locker room that showcases up-to-date statistics and visuals of top NBA and WNBA players.
- Test their knowledge of the NBA and WNBA – past and present – during a trivia game with up to 25 participants competing against one another to be champion.
- Enjoy two 180-degree cinematic presentations that showcase the in-arena experience moments before the start of the game, as well as special stories from the players’ perspectives.
- Take a seat at an interactive multi-screen module to watch replay clips from NBA games, using the tools at their stations to make the right calls.
- Play interactive basketball games, from the fan-favorite Pop-A-Shot to modern video games
The NBA Experience was announced back in
8. Points Chart and Resort Map Released for Disney’s Riviera Resort
If you’re looking to book a 2020 Disney Vacation Club vacation at the New Riviera Resort but was wondering how many points it will cost, well, you don’t have to wonder anymore! Disney has released a point sheet on the DVC Explorer Portal. (See photo above)
Disney has also released a map of the resort. Take a look at it below!
9. DVC Member Exclusive Star Wars: Galactic Gathering Taking Place at Epcot
In more DVC news, DVC Members and their guest will be able to attend an exclusive party called Star Wars: Galactic Gathering. This
The cost per person is $225 for adults and $210 for children, and separate Theme Park admission is required.
10. “We Lost” Video From “Avengers: Endgame”
I’m not crying! It’s just my allergies! Okay, maybe I am crying a little. If this video is making me emotional, I can tell the movie is going to do a number on me. Avengers: Endgame opens April 26th.
11. ShopDisney has Released Disney Easter and Spring Collection
If anyone wants to get me a present, I will take the Stitch in the Bunny outfit please! Disney Store and ShopDisney has upped their Easter game! Check out your local Disney Store or Shopdisney.com to buy these cuties!
12. First Promotional Poster For “Star Wars: Episode IX”
The first poster for “Star Wars: Episode IX” has been leaked online! I can’t wait until a trailer is finally released!
13.“Star Wars: Episode IX” Character Leak Reveals New Characters
Two new characters can be seen in the photo above. Zorii and Jannah. Not much is know about these characters yet, but I’m looking forward to find out more!
14. Disney Parks Removing Park Smoking Areas
Beginning May 1, smoking sections will no longer be present inside Walt Disney World or Disneyland, water parks, and the ESPN Complex. Designated smoking areas will be available outside the entrances of these areas though. There will also still be designated smoking areas at
15. New Stroller Policy
If you have a kid, you know the importance of a stroller. (If you would like to read more about strollers, click here) Disney has just updated their stroller policy. Beginning May 1, guidelines on stroller sizes will be adjusted, requiring them to be no larger than 31″ (79cm) wide and 52″ (132cm) long. Many strollers on the market, including many double jogging strollers, fit within these size guidelines. Disney will also begin strictly enforcing their “no wagons” policy. Beginning May 1, stroller wagons will also no longer be permitted. This includes the very popular Keenz stroller. It will no longer be allowed in the parks.
16. No Loose or Dry Ice
As of March 28th, Disney will no longer be allowing guest to bring is ice loose in a bag or dry ice for your cooler. They are now recomeneding ice packs.
17. ABC Commissary Quick Service Now Taking Dining Reservations
Beginning this summer, ABC Commissary will be taking dining reservations for
19. More Disney After Hours Dates Added
Disney has just announced additional Disney After Hours dates, as well as two special celebration nights coming to Disney’s Hollywood Studios! This is so exciting! Here are the new dates for each park at the Walt Disney World Resort:
- Magic Kingdom: May 2, 9, 16, 23 and 30.
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom: May 7, 14 and 21; and June 4, 11 and 18.
- Disney’s Hollywood Studios: May 1, 4, 10, 17, 24 and 31; and June 14, 21 and 28.
At Disney’s Hollywood Studios, two special celebration nights will be held:
May 1 – Hollywood Studios is turning 30! Come celebrate their anniversary with special merchandise, additional character greetings, and more food & beverage offerings to purchase.
May 4 – May the Fourth Be With You! Guest will be able to celebrate May the Fourth dressed up in your favorite Star Wars costume! Guest will also be able to meet with Chewbacca, Rey, Darth Vadar, Kylo Re, Captain Phasma, Ewoks, Jawas and Imperial Stormtroopers. Plus, specialty treats available for purchase.
All Disney After Hours event tickets cost $125 + tax for advance purchase and $129 + tax for day-of purchases. Disney Vacation Club members and Annual Passholders do receive a discounted price $95 + tax.