Lots of exciting things happening around Disney this past week! From movie previews, to ride construction updates, to new Minnie ears! There is a lot going on! So let just jump right in to ‘This Week in Disney”.
1. Briar Rose Gold Minnie Ear Headbands
These beautiful Briar Rose Gold Minnie ears will be making their arrival at both Disneyland and Walt Disney World on April 1st! These beauties are a ‘must-have’ to add to your Minnie Ear collection. Will you be snagging one of these when they come out?
2. FastPass+ Will Not Be Initially be Available for Either of the Two Rides at Galaxy’s Edge
Get ready to stand in line Star Wars Fans, because it looks like you will be waiting awhile to ride Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run and Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance. Disney has announced that when Galaxy’s Edge opens, they will not be provided FastPass+ that we all know and love. You can see that Disney acknowlages this in there question an answer
Hopefully, this isn’t something that will last forever. Is the ‘no FastPass’ thing going to deter you from going opening day? Let me know in the comments!
3. Poolside Private Cabanas Now Available to Reserve at Disney’s Yacht and Beach Club Resorts
These new cabanas are exclusively for guests staying at Disney’s Yacht and Beach Club Resorts. Reservations for half- and full-day rentals are now open for dates beginning March 17. Half-day rentals start at $149 and full-day rentals start at $249. Below is what is included in the price:
- Padded chairs and couch
- Dedicated Disney Cast Member service
- Cocktail service
- Mounted television with cable access
- Complimentary sunscreen and other skin care products
- Mini-refrigerator stocked with complimentary soda and water
- Complimentary fruit tray
- Plush towels
- Lockable cabinet
- Charging outlets for mobile devices
To make a reservation, call 407-WDW-PLAY. Is this a service that you will be utilizing while at WDW?
4. Dedicated Bus Transportation Between Resort and Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon
WDW will start to offer direct bus service to Disney’s water parks starting Sunday, March 17. These Buses will have a dedicated bus stop for each resort at the front of each water park, as opposed to a shared bus as it was done in the past. This is great news for those who love the water parks! It makes things much more convenient! One thing is that some resorts will have to share these busses. These resorts are:
- All-Star Sports, All-Star Music, All-Star Movies
- Pop Century, Art of Animation
- Fort Wilderness, Wilderness Lodge
- Contemporary, Polynesian, Grand Floridian
- Swan, Dolphin, Yacht Club, Beach Club, Boardwalk
- Jambo House, Kidani Village
5. New Trailer for Dumbo
Who else is excited for Dumbo?! Dumbo is set to hit theaters March 29th.
6. New Trailer for Aladdin
Ahh I can’t wait for this movie! Aladdin opens in theaters May 24th.
7. Guest Experience Team
Now Coming to Epcot, Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom
Guest Experience Teams are here to stay! For those of you that don’t know, back in December, Guest Experience Teams started popping up in Magic Kingdom. They assist guests with booking and modifying FastPass+ selections, navigating the My Disney Experience app, and helping out with Magic Bands. This was originally supposed to be a limited time thing, but apparently has become super successful! And now Disney plans to bring the Guest Experience teams to the other three parks. Stay tuned for the start date.
8. New Avengers: End Game Trailer
And the new trailers just keep on coming! Avengers: Endgame opens on April 26th. (I promise
9. John Ratzenberger To Be Featured in Lightning McQueen’s Racing Academy
This is the one attraction that I am looking forward to so much on my trip to WDW in April! We get to take a look inside the recording session with John Ratzenberger who plays Mack. Did you know that John Ratzenberger has voiced a character in every Pixar film? Lightning McQueen’s Racing Academy opens on March 31 at Disney’s Hollywood Studios!
10. Jabari the Giraffe Calf Joins the Herd!
How cute is this little ( okay, not so little… he is 7 feet tall!) fella over at
11. MAC Cosmetics Releasing “Aladdin” Inspired Makeup Collection
There is another MAC and Disney collaboration in the works! MAC will be releasing an exclusive Aladdin line of makeup. The collection includes an eyeshadow palette, lipsticks, and bronzers! This beautiful collection will be available online and in stores on May 16th! I have my eye on that eyeshadow pallet.
12. TRON Attraction Construction Milestone Celebrated by Castmembers
Castmembers celebrated a major milestone this week for the construction on the TRON attraction! The first steel support column for the new attraction was placed. Castmembers celebrated this moment by signing their names to it. The TRON attraction is set to open at Magic Kingdom Park in time for Walt Disney’s World’s 50th anniversary in 2021.