Welcome to “This Week in Disney”! Before we dive into all of the amazing news that Disney has given us this past week, I just wanted to thank you all for reading! This blog has been so much fun to write for, so I appreciate that I have all of you reading it! Also, if any news story sticks out to you, let us know your thoughts in the comments at the bottom. Happy reading!
1. New Show in Animal Kingdom
There is an all-new dance experience coming to
2. International Women’s Day at Walt Disney World
On March 8th, Walt Disney World will be celebrating International Woman’s Day. There will be special entertainment and food and beverage offerings in all four Walt Disney World theme parks, as well as Disney Springs!
- Sisters Soiree Dance Party in Tomorrowland, featuring favorite female characters like Judy Hopps from “Zootopia” and Joy from “Inside Out.”
- Strawberry Shortcake Shooters will be available at Cheshire Café. These Shooters will feature white chocolate with the phrase ‘International Woman’s Day’ on them.
- Meet with Rey alongside Chewbacca at Star Wars Launch Bay.
- Women of the Green Army Patrol will march through Toy Story Land
- Citizens of Municiberg honor the Super women of their city as part of “An Incredible Celebration.”
- Mrs. Incredible Pretzel Mask will be available at Neighborhood Bakery
- Key Lime Pie Verrine will be available at Backlot Express and Rosie’s All-American
- Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake will be available at Catalina Eddie’s
- Tres Leche will be available at Fairfax Faire
- The Voices of Liberty inside The American Adventure will be celebrating women with special performances of empowering songs!
- Purple Minnie Dome Cake will be available Fountain View
- Purple Cupcakes will be available at Kringla Bakery and Sunshine Seasons
- Mascarpone Apple Cake will be available at Akershus
- Purple Troll Kreme Slush will be available at the Norway Beer Cart
- You can purchase an International Women’s Day Cupcake at Creature Comforts or Restaurantosaurus
- Infinite Ambition drinks will be available at Tiffins Restaurant or Nomad Lounge, or Sangria at Tusker House Restaurant and Dawa Bar.
- International Women’s Day Dark Chocolate Ganache Squares and chocolate Power Pinata can be found at the Ganachery
- Pink Macaron Lollipop can be purchased at Amorette’s Patisserie.
3. ‘Fancy Nancy’ Coming to WDW and Disneyland
May 1st, just in time for the 30th anniversary of Disney’s Hollywood Studios, guests will be able to find Nancy at an all-new character meet and
4. Narrow Pathway Behind Cinderella Castle To Be Widened
This pathway behind Cinderella Castle, starting from Sleepy Hollow up to Fantasyland (see photo above), is going to be getting an upgrade. The area is set to be widened to avoid bottlenecking in the area. If you have ever walked this path, you know it can be very tight at times. Since this area borders the Cinderella Castle moat, that area will also be drained and refurbished.
5. Mac & Cheese Truck Coming to Food Truck Park at Disney Springs
Are you as obbsesed with Mac and Cheese as I am? If you are, then you are going to LOVE this! Disney has announced that a Mac & Cheese Truck will be latest addition to the fleet of food trucks parked on the West Side of Disney Springs, serving up a selection of delectable mac and cheese dishes! (calories don’t count while at Disney, right?)
6. New Cinderella Castle Minnie Ears, Apparel, MagicBand, and More
Check out this magical line now available on ShopDisney! This is the WDW line, but they also have a Disneyland line too! Let me know in the comments what you think of this collection.
7. Club Cool Closing Down?!
Is the future of one of Epcot’s most unique attractions coming to an end? It looks like Club Cool might not make it through Epcot’s major overhaul that happening over the next few years. Project Gamma is about to get underway at Epcot, a project that will include the reimagining of the center of Future World, the park’s entrance, and Spaceship Earth. All of the Innoventions West building will be demolished in the not-too-distant future. Epcot Character Spot, the FountainView Starbucks, and Club Cool will all close before this happens sometime in the next year. Most of the Character Spot meet and greets are rumored to relocate to ImageWorks. Starbucks is rumored to take up the food service side of the upcoming Epcot Experience Center (temporarily), otherwise known as the Odyssey between Future World and World Showcase. But there is no word on a relocation spot for Club Cool. Let’s hope that Disney finds another place to put it.
8. New Sneak Peek Of “Dumbo” Features New Music by Arcade Fire
There is a new sneak peek of Dumbo featuring a new version of “Baby Mine” recorded by Arcade Fire. Dumbo comes to theaters March 29th.
9. Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival 2019 Dooney & Bourke Bags
Dooney & Bourke just came out with a new collection and I am in love! This collection is for the 2019 Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival. If you look closely, you will see some of our favorite Disney friends featured in a very Flower and Garden way! Go to ShopDisney now so you can get one for yourself!
10. “Maleficent: Mistress Of Evil”- New Poster!
Um….. all I can say is WOW! Disney has released the first poster for the sequel to “Maleficent”, which is officially called “Maleficent: Mistress Of Evil”. This movie is set to open in theaters on October 18, 2019.
11. New Kids Club Experience at Disney’s Beach Club
An exciting new kids club will be coming to
12. Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge Opening Dates Announced!
The wait is finally over! Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge in Disneyland will officially open on May 31st, 2019. Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Hollywood Studios at Walt Disney World Resort will officially open on August 29th, 2019.
Guests planning to visit Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disneyland park between May 31 and June 23, 2019 will need valid theme park admission and will be required to make a no-cost reservation, subject to availability, to access the land. Information on how to make a reservation will be available at a later date on Disneyland.com. Guests staying at one of the three Disneyland Resort hotels during these dates will receive a designated reservation to access Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge during their stay (one reservation per registered guest); valid theme park admission is required.
A reservation will not be offered to experience Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at the Walt Disney World Resort. Capacity will be limited. This land will be open during Extra Magic Hours for guest who will be staying at the Disney Resorts!
13. Disney+ Streaming Service to Feature, Well, Everything.
I don’t know about you, I have been excitedly waiting for more news about the Disney+ streaming service. And more news has come! At The Walt Disney Company’s annual shareholders’ meeting, CEO Bob Iger gave fans the news they had been dreaming of: eventually, Disney+ will be home to the entire library of the studio’s films. That’s right, the entire library!!! I can’t wait to watch old classics that I haven’t seen in years!